- Wagyu sirloin steak (or just sirloin)
- Part baked rustic bread roll
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 100g cheese grated (half a block)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 25g butter
- Half teaspoon of ground Nutmeg
- Milk to pour
- Trim away the excess fat then flash fry the steaks for 3 minutes per side (rare, then a minute extra for medium-rare, medium, medium-well and well) in a pre heated pan with oil. Then rest for the same amount of time.
- Let’s make the sauce and accompaniments. Firstly the onions and peppers; dice into strips and pan fry in oil and butter until soft. Add half a beef stock cube by crumbling direct on to the veggies, stir through until combined and a slight sauce is formed coating the veg.
- For the cheese sauce we need to make a simple roux. To start melt the butter in a pan, sprinkle over the flour and stir until foaming, then add the milk gradually until a thick white sauce is made. Now add the cheese and nutmeg then stir until thick and sticky.
- Reading the packet instructions place the part baked bread rolls in the oven to crisp up and warm through just in time for the steak to end its cooking.
- Slice the steak into strips and place inside the pre cut bread rolls with the veg mix . Smother in that unctuous cheesy sauce before grilling on high for a minute to just catch the sauce for extra flavour.