This is one of those dishes that feels like a treat but is so easy and comforting to make over and over again.
- Octopus tentacles diced
- Half Chorizo ring diced
- Large onion diced
- 2 large potatoes diced into cubes
- Pot of olives
- Thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- Jar of Jalapeños
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 mins and then drain off, put oil with a knob of butter in a pan and start to fry the cubes until golden brown and crisp then set aside. Alternatively put in the oven at 180c tossed in oil for 20mins until crisp.
- Next add the the garlic, thyme, chorizo, onion to the same pan the potatoes have been in and fry down, cook until the onion catches slightly.
- Then add the olives, Octopus and paprika, cook for few minutes until the octopus is soft and warmed through.
- Add back to the pan the crispy potatoes and toss together.
- Serve on a plate and top with the jalapeños. I blowtorched the top of my chillis to add a bit more of a smoked flavour to them, you can also do this in a dry pan or under a grill.