- 200g of caster sugar
- 6 Apples
- 50ml water
- Half teaspoon of vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Popping candy
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Wooden sticks
- Greaseproof paper
- Put the sugar and water in a pan and start to boil, when boiling add the vinegar and syrup.
- You then need this to reach 150c in temperature, if you have a cooking thermometer use that if not boil on medium heat until you can dip in a spoon and it hardens on the spoon instantly when removed.
- Then wash your apples in boiling water to remove the wax and put your wooden sticks through the center of each apple, ready to dip.
- Keep the pan on the stove on a low heat and next to it set up some greaseproof paper, on a plate sprinkle out your popping candy and sprinkles, then dip your apple in the toffee coating it completely and very quickly pull it out and roll in the sprinkle mix. You have to be fast on this as it dries quickly. Then set aside on the paper to dry. Once dried, eat away!