- Miniature pumpkins
- 500g mince
- Tin of Plum tomatoes
- Beef stock 500ml
- Chicken stock 200ml
- 1 large onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- Chorizo chunks
- Knob of butter
- Tortilla wrap
- Cut the tops off your pumpkins to create a lid for your bowls, now scoop out the seeds carefully. Once done scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin to create a big round bowl, set aside the flesh as we are going to use that in a sec.
- In a frying pan, put some oil and the pumpkin flesh, then add a couple of cubes of chorizo (if you or your kids don’t like it spicy then add only a tiny bit or none) and lightly fry, after about 4 minutes, add the chicken stock and let it reduce down by half. Once done put in a blender and blend until a paste forms, set aside.
- In a pan put oil then fry down the onions with one clove of garlic crushed and a handful of thyme. After a few minutes and the onions start to catch add the mince, cook this until the mince browns then add the tomatoes and the beef stock. To this add the pumpkin paste and put a lid on and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whilst thats is simmering away take a wrap and start to cut out with a sharp knife some critter hands (use the image of our dish for a reference). In a bowl mix the butter with the remaining clove of garlic and spread on to the hands and put into the oven at 200c for 5 minutes until crispy.
- All that’s left to do after that is spoon out the stew into the pumpkin bowls and place in those critter hands. Get them eaten up fast though as you don’t want them to start grabbing at you!