These are absolutely brilliant to entertain with, have as a midweek treat or go all out as a weekend winner.
Trout is such a wonderful tasting fish and head to head against something like Salmon I feel it taste better and has a nicer texture, plus it’s waaaay cheaper.
This particular dish has a special coating using nachos and that adds so much depth and texture to the dish, crunching through that tasty outer to that soft flaky centre just makes for such a joyful eating experience.
- 2 Trout fillets
- Large bag of nachos
- Strong Flour
- 1 large egg
- Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tbsp Celery Salt (can use normal salt)
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- Soft Taco shells (or small tortillas)
- 1 Lemon
- Veg oil for frying
- Take the trout and cut it into cubed pieces.
- In a separate bowl smash up the nachos into small crumbs and mix with 2 table spoons of corn flour.
- Now take the flour and fill a bowl, into that add the paprika, Herbs De Provence, celery salt and pepper mixing until combined. In a separate bowl whisk up the egg.
- Now take the pieces and first coat in the flour, then the egg and finally mix all the pieces together in the nacho mix.
- Then in either a sauce pan or deep fat fryer start to fry off the pieces in batches. Get the oil to either 170c or if on a stove until you can drop a nacho in and it sizzles and bubbles around the side. Cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- In a separate bowl zest the lemon then juice a quarter of it. Combine this with 2 tablespoons of mayo.
- Then start to layout the tacos with salad on the bottom, Trout bites and lashings of mayo, I also finished mine wit capers but that is an optional choice.