“Everybody has an opinion on sprouts, they’re always either the best or the worst part of the dinner. Either way, I’m looking to give you the upper hand and have everyone at the table diving in to have a spoon of these bad boys. Using a combination of complementary ingredients, these sprouts will hit the mark and leave you and your guests wanting more.”
Large bag of sprouts cut into halves
2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp honey (brown sugar for vegan option)
Bag of pine nuts
Pack of bacon lardons (take out for vegan option)
Knob of butter (use vegan spread for vegan option)
3 shallots diced
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. Bring a pan of water to boil add a tbsp of salt. Then, par boil the sprouts for 5 minutes.
3. In a frying pan, fry off the shallots in butter before adding the bacon lardons, then render down the fat.
4. Once par boiled, take the sprouts, drain them and put in a roasting tray. Then mix with the bacon and shallots from the pan adding the soy sauce, honey and a good sprinkling of pine nuts. Finally, sprinkle on some nutmeg, salt and pepper.
5. Place the tray in oven and roast for 20 minutes until the edges of the sprouts catch and brown.