Not all treats need to be full of sugar and super indulgent, you and your family will love this healthy take on pancakes. The recipe is loaded with fruit and yoghurt to pile up the yummy nutrition content.
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 heaped tbsp caster sugar
250ml oat milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp veg oil
Honey and fruit of your choice
1. Whisk all the elements together in a bowl to create your batter, this should result in a thick cakey mixture.
2. Heat a pan to hot then reduce to a medium heat, grease with veg oil (use some kitchen towel to take away the excess)
3. Pour in the batter separating into individual blobs, these should bleed out to the rounded puck shape you usually see with pancakes.
4. Cook for a couple minutes, on one side into the mixture, place your fruit and flip. Then cook on the other side for a few minutes (if it starts to smell like it’s burning, quickly get them out of the pan so the fruit doesn’t spoil through cooking).
5. Finally add your healthy toppings. I suggest berries and honey with soy/coconut/oat yogurt, alternatively there are low fat and dairy free options for squirt whipping cream too.